Our child psychologists offer psychoeducational assessments for children and adolescents. These include both gifted assessments and learning disability identification.
We offer psycho-educational assessments for children and adolescents. These include both giftedness and learning disability identification. These assessments evaluate thinking/reasoning abilities and underlying psychological processes (e.g. memory, attention, executive functioning), academic achievement, behaviour and social-emotional functioning. A psycho-educational assessment can identify strengths and weaknesses cognitively and academically so that these areas can be targeted through intervention or additional support.
What is involved in a comprehensive psycho-educational assessment?
- an interview with you and your child
- review of your child’s report cards and relevant school documentation (IEPs)
- standardized psychoeducational testing
- questionnaires for you, your child, and your child’s teachers to complete
- upon the completion of the assessment, you will be invited to attend a feedback meeting to discuss the results of the psychoeducational evaluation. You will also be provided with a written report which will include the results of the assessment as well as recommendations for academic and other support as relevant.
Learn more about our approach >>